We partner with students who may be facing a variety of challenges during their time at Columbia by facilitating connections between students and supportive services either on our campuses or in the broader community. We also serve as a liaison between all of the schools across Columbia's campuses, providing both internal and external resources.
CSSI provides the following for students in need:
- Meetings with a Case Manager who can help identify concerns, access support, or navigate campus and community resources
- Support for students that self-disclose a need for increased support or are referred to our office by a community member.
- Service as a liaison for students, including first-generation and/or low-income students, student veterans, student parents, formerly incarcerated/justice-impacted students , and former foster youth.
- Partnership with the student-led on-campus food pantry to ensure it continues to provide high-quality service and food to students.
- Seeing all students through a 360-degree lens to approach behavior and student support holistically,
- Collaboration with schools to address underlying concerns impacting student behavior